Steamed broccoli can get really boring, really fast. Don’t get me wrong though. Slather some butter on there and it’s delish, but I need some variety in my life!
I decided to kick things up a bit by tossing broccoli florets in a spicy sesame sauce with fresh ginger, then roasting it in the oven. What came out was a super flavorful side dish to add to any meal! I love the nutty flavor you get from roasting broccoli and the caramelized sauce just adds even more depth.
Spicy Ginger Roasted Broccoli
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 inch Ginger Root finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce and red pepper flakes together.
- Place the broccoli and chopped ginger in a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and toss to coat evenly.
- On a baking sheet, spread the broccoli out in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top before serving.