In our house, cauliflower has become the number one replacement for rice! Not only does it have a great texture, but it’s a great way to get more veggies into your day! With Cinco de Mayo coming up, it’s about time I shared my recipe for Spanish Cauliflower Rice!
Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Tbsp Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice fresh or frozen (see notes)
- 1 cup Canned Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Melt butter (or fat of choice) in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir to coat with butter. Add diced tomatoes and seasoning, and stir to evenly combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. If using frozen cauliflower rice, you will need to cook it a bit longer.
- Cut off any of the green leaves on the cauliflower. Slice the cauliflower into chunks and discard the hardest part of the stem.
- Place the cut pieces of cauliflower in the food processor, and pulse until the consistency is similar to rice. (If you do not have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.)
Enjoy your Spanish Cauliflower Rice with a big helping of my Healthy Steak Fajitas! You can also bulk up your meal by serving some Pulled Pork Tortilla-Less Soup over this cauliflower rice.