Hey there! Hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother’s Day!
I’d say we had a successful weekend! Along with celebrating the birth of my fantastic Bavarian dude, and Mother’s Day, we also figured out the dessert for our August wedding! On Saturday, we headed down to Seattle to visit Jodee’s Desserts near Greenlake. Jodee is such a sweet lady, and wow, her desserts are amazing! Jodee’s Desserts is an organic, gluten free, vegan bakery. We sat down for a tasting and were blown away. Her pies have a cheesecake-like consistency with a nut crust. Her truffles are to die for! It was really hard to choose what desserts we wanted to have for the wedding, but really, we couldn’t go wrong with any selection. Now we’re set! Feels good to check another item off the list!
If you’re near Seattle, do yourself a favor and stop by for a treat. You can find Jodee’s here: http://www.jodeesdesserts.com/
Sausage, Sweet Potato and Apple Hash
- 1 lb ground pork sausage mild seasoning
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 orange sweet potato diced
- 1 granny smith apple diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground sausage and onions. Break up the sausage and cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the diced sweet potato and apple to the skillet. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and salt, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Stir the hash occasionally to release the yummy brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.