One of the first things I did, when I began to look to nutrition to help with my Rheumatoid Arthritis, was to start incorporating gelatin into my everyday routine. We started with jello and gummy snacks, then adding gelatin to our coffee in the morning. That little gut healing powerhouse has been a major contributor to improving my health. Not only has it benefited my gut lining, but my nails are stronger, my hair grows faster and my skin appears brighter. My husband saw improvements for himself as well. His once peeling nails became stronger and he also saw improvements in his skin.
As time has gone on, we’ve made a point of not only getting gelatin via our coffee, but we also each drink a cup of bone broth daily. Most of the time it’s buttered ala Butter Your Broth. I’m kinda addicted… (Thanks, Kierstin!)
A fun way to incorporate gelatin, and get those picky eaters in your life on board, is by making up a batch of gummy snacks! Our current favorite, are these Gut Healing Key Lime Bites! They’re perfectly tart and super creamy. I think you’ll love these just as much as we do!
Gut Healing Key Lime Bites
- 1 (13.5oz) can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice (about 15 key limes)
- 1 Tbsp Key Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Gelatin
- In a small sauce pan, combine the coconut milk, key lime juice and water over medium heat. Use a whisk and stir until smooth.
- Add zest, maple syrup and vanilla, and stir. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour in the gelatin while whisking continuously. You'll want to pour in the gelatin slow enough that you don't create clumps. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into silicon molds or a greased 9x9 pan. Let set in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from molds and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Looking for another flavor? Check out my Cranberry-Orange Gummies from the early days of The Tasty Remedy!