Hope you had a great 4th of July! We headed to the east side of the mountains to relax with our friends in Chelan. It was HOT. Being from the wet side of the state, 100 degrees is just not something I’m acclimated for! With pool time and AC inside, I survived! I did manage to get stung by a wasp while I was in said pool, but I didn’t let that stop me!
On our way back home, we stopped for a couple nights in Leavenworth, staying at an AirBnB just outside of town. We had beautiful views, and visits from deer and a neighborhood peacock!
Awhile back, I had some random veggies in the fridge that needed to be used up. I decided to throw together this creamy balsamic coleslaw to use them up before anything went bad. I love it when randomness can turn into something awesome!
Quick! Without looking below, how do you think the dressing gets its creaminess?
Tahini! I love the little nutty (or is it seedy?) flavor combined with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. And who doesn’t love a colorful salad!? I think you should make this asap for your next BBQ!
Creamy Balsamic Coleslaw
- 10 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 5 medium Carrots shredded
- 1/2 head Red Cabbage shredded
- 3 Scallions Sliced
- 1/4 cup Tahini Softened
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil julienne
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.