Sometimes you just don’t have time for a fully prepared meal. I get it! Maybe you’re running to a meeting, or taking the kids to school or practice. Having healthy options that are easy to just grab and go are critical in order to prevent some less than stellar choices in the heat of the moment.
I’ve been loving the versatility of the Vital Proteins Collagen Whey! In case you missed it, I recently made some Vanilla Spice Grain-Free Granola with the Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey. Protein powders aren’t just for smoothies! They’re a wonderful way to up the protein of just about anything when you’re in need. Unlike a lot of protein powders on the market, I love that Vital Proteins hasn’t added any sugar or sweeteners along with a host of other ingredients that are hard to pronounce.
This time I used the Cocoa & Coconut Water Collagen Whey to create an energy bar! I love these bars! They’re packed with healthy fat from the coconut butter and coconut oil, and an extra boost of protein from the collagen whey. These guys will really keep you feeling satisfied!
Add them to your kids lunch box and save some for yourself!
Chocolate Cherry Energy Bars
- 1 1/2 cups Pitted Dried Medjool Dates (about 12 dates)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashew Pieces
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Cocoa & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
- 1/2 cup Dried, Unsweetened Cherries
- Prepare an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish by placing cling wrap in the bottom of the dish and up the sides. Set aside.
- Add the pitted dates and cashew pieces to a food processor and pulse until a large ball forms. Remove the lid and press the ball down flat.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the coconut butter and coconut oil and heat over medium low. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add one scoop of the collagen whey to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Repeat with the second scoop.
- Add the wet ingredients to the food processor.
- Add the dried, unsweetened cherries to the food processor.
- Pulse until everything is well combined. The mixture will still be a bit crumbly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using another large piece of cling wrap, press the mixture into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and carefully remove the hardened mixture from the dish.
- Slice into 8 pieces or as many as you like. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh for 1-2 weeks.